The newest exhibit to hit the Indiana State Museum will have kids and adults doing backflips – er, I mean kickflips!
Rad Science: Skatepark Physics rolled in to the museum last week and continues through January 3, 2016.
Jump into the physics behind this extreme sport, with a realistic skate park scene showcasing 25 interactive experiences, including:
- Board Balance: Test your balance on stationary skatebaords on the safety of a padded surface.
- Newton’s Pool: Go inside an empty swimming pool to experiment with the laws of motion, tracing back to the origin of extreme skateboarding.
- Wipeout Ambulance: See how inventions like helmets, kneepads and wrist guards have helped dissipate the extreme forces of a wipeout.
This Saturday, September 12th only, check out the ISM Skatepark! A portable skatepark will be installed on the front lawn. You can participate in Skate Trick Clinics, where community skaters provide paid lessons to instruct guests how to learn to ride a skateboard (beginner level) and other guests how to perform select techniques (intermediate level).
- Skate clinic: 9 – 11:30 a.m. $7 member/ $15 non-member
- Skate park: 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. $7 member/ $15 non-member
- Combo: $12 member/$25 non-member *all tickets include museum admission All participants in the skate clinic and park must sign a waiver and wear helmets and protective gear. Those under 18 may have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Learn more about Rad Science: Skatepark Physics at Indiana State Museum.
UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. Congrats Wendy B.!
The Indiana State Museum has provided me with a 4-pack of museum admission tickets to give to one lucky Chaos Is Bliss reader!
Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. The contest is open NOW, and ends on Monday, Sept. 14th at 11:59pm EST. As this is for a local venue, please only enter if you’re an Indiana resident. Please note, there may be a separate admission fee for special exhibits.
Alina Hahn says
Definitely my husband but he is trying to teach our 5 yo son.