Many Hoosiers kick off their summers with the Indy 500, backyard BBQ’s and the opening of the neighborhood pool.
Me? This is my kick-off to summer:
Vintage Indiana: A Festival of Wine, Food and Fun
I have attended Vintage since I was legal. Ok, not true. But I’ve gone several years. My husband and I have joined up with friends, I’ve gone with my girlfriends, it is just a fun day to celebrate Indiana wine and summer!
Vintage Indiana is the state’s largest wine festival featuring locally crafted wine. Twenty-six Indiana wineries will sample their award-winning and fan favorites to a crowd of thirsty wine aficionados from around the Midwest!
- Tents full of locally crafted Indiana wineries, food artisans and crafts
- Wine sampling of more than 200 wines, although I do *not* recommend you sample all 200. Please.
- Awesome live music on the open stage, including Zanna-Doo, My Yellow Rickshaw and Jennie DeVoe
- Enrichment with talks in the Pavilion on Father’s Day meal ideas, ways to lighten your summer food and more
- A fun souvenir Vintage Indiana etched tasting glass if you’re among the first 10,000 through the gates
When you go, you might want to bring along a blanket and lawn chairs so you can plop down to enjoy music, lunch and perhaps a bottle of wine!
New at Vintage Indiana for 2014:
- They have partnered with a charity, dots in blue water, which helps to provide clean water to rural areas in Haiti. A portion of every Vintage Indiana ticket sold will go to support this organization, in effect turning wine into water!
- Early admission access for VIP’s! Those purchasing Early Admission VIP tickets can access the festival one hour before it opens to the public. This is thanks to Indiana’s Family of Farmers for sponsoring the VIP hour. Limited to the first 1,000 VIP tickets sold.
- Vintage is now an event for adults ages 21 and over only. No children (nor pets, coolers or outside food/beverages) will be allowed.
Vintage Indiana details:
- Vintage Indiana takes place June 7 from 12pm-7pm at Military Park in downtown Indianapolis.
- Advance tickets are $25 and available at Marsh Supermarkets or online through Vintage Indiana. VIP hour tickets are $50 and can be purchased through here.
- Tickets are available at the gate for $35. Designated driver tickets are $10 with unlimited access to soft drinks and water.