Organization is one of those traits you either have … or you don’t … or you fake it to make yourself look organized (like me!). Here’s a little inspiration!
- Organizing Tip for School Papers: Label 31 file folders sequentially. When you have a permission slip due, homework assignment to turn in, or a deadline for a school fundraiser, file those in the folder according to the date they’re due. For example, if our school’s Market Day order is due on the 28th, I’ll put the order form in folder #28. When I place my order, I move the order form (or receipt) to folder #6, because that’s when the Market Day order is to be picked up. This doesn’t necessarily have to apply to school papers – use for bill sorting or office deadlines too.
- Art, worksheets and graded papers are piling up at our house, and our oldest is only in 1st grade! I have 3 color file folders (yellow for Mallory, blue for Dylan and red for Carlie) labeled with their names. After I ooh and aah over their worksheets, coloring pages etc from school/preschool, I put them in their colored folders so Daddy can be sure to see them. This helps my counter to be (somewhat) clear of so many papers!
- Faux Leather Letter Holder $1.49 after coupon: Here’s a stylish and functional letter holder from Kohl’s which would work great for your 1-31 files, or to sort mail – bills in the front, your mail and hubby’s mail. Sign up for Kohl’s Sale Alerts by email and print a $5 coupon to use in-store, making this item only $1.49.
- FREE Online Organizer: Cozi.com makes your family life easier with their free online organizer. Manage your family’s schedule on their color-coded calendar, update your grocery lists, check off your to-do lists and much more. They even have an iPhone app! The site is very user-friendly and uncluttered; and their online organization tools have received positive reviews from Better Homes & Gardens, Family Fun magazine and more.
- Win a $100 Amazon Gift Card with Your Tidy Tip: While you’re checking out Cozi.com‘s cool tools, be sure to enter your favorite home organization tip for your chance at a $100 Amazon Gift Card given away each week . You may enter into any of these categories: Kitchen, Entry/Mudroom, Bathroom, Car/Garage, Paper Clutter and Laundry. Enter your best tip here – good luck!